Drip drip drip

Today is the big day. I’m getting my first chemo treatment, so far so good! We will see how I feel about it in the next days and hours. Hopefully I’ll be keeping you posted!

1. shelby said:

Thinking of you, Brit! I hope it goes well!

Not sure if “good luck” is appropriate, but I hope everything goes ok. Wishing you well. 🙂

3. jillybean222 said:

Hope all goes well, Brit!

This might be a dumb question but can you continue to BF while getting chemo or did you have to wean Kai?

I had to wean Kai. After the first few days, she didn’t seem to care, which was a big relief.

4. Kate said:

Stay strong! Best of luck.

5. Anonymous said:

You’ll do great Brit, we’re rooting for you!! And hey, now at least you don’t have to deal with the milk-temperature-police at Kai’s daycare 😉

6. branny said:

Hope you are doing okay today!

Thanks for checking on me! I’m feeling pretty good still. I am super tired, but I don’t know if that is the chemo or taking care of Kai solo all week. 🙂

7. Kelly said:

brit, i just stumbled upon your blog from pinterest (oven fried green beans – seems so silly after all i’ve just read…). I just want you to know that I’ll be thinking about you as you travel this cancer journey….I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at 13 weeks into my pregnancy with my third child. after surgery, the (amazingly intelligent) docs at Duke and UNC determined treatment was necessary and I had chemo while pregnant. they promised me by baby would be completely safe, which he was. 🙂 I had surgery again when he was six weeks old….so i guess my point is, i can imagine, somewhat, what you are going through…and I know how tough it’s going to be….but i also know how strong we mom’s can be….and i know that you are going to get to the other side of this with flying colors. Your blog is inspiring, and I can tell that you are too. Much love to you and your family. Take good care, and I’m going to be following you to see how great you are doing.
    your newest fan, kelly
    ps – those aforementioned oven fried green beans look amazing. i can’t wait to make them – hopefully when i do, it will send you some good vibes to keep feeling great and getting healthy. 🙂

Hi Kelly! Thank you for your comment. It is great to hear about positive outcomes. I hope that in a few months I can be encouraging people with a success story like yours. Glad to hear that you are both ok and I hope you enjoy the green beans!