My goals for the week:
- Learn how to get out of the house in the morning in 2.5 hours or less.
- Write two weekday blog posts.
- Run five times.
- Cook “real” dinner twice.
- Unpack two boxes from India.
- Pack a real lunch twice.
So how did I do? 33%
- I didn’t really have the chance to work on the first item. For the most part Kai woke up three hours before we needed to leave. You know that saying about tasks growing to fit the time allotted…
- I succeeded in writing one weekday post. I think I can do better next time.
- I ran five times, although I really meant, and should have specified, that I was aiming for five runs during the work week.
- Again, this one required more clarity. I cooked one real-ish dinner this week. It was pizza. I’m counting it because I made the dough and sauce from scratch. I suppose I can still redeem myself on this one if I expand it to include the weekend.
- India unpacking is complete except for a box full of Chris’ shoes.
- I failed on the real lunch thing. I’m pretty sure it requires me to cook real dinner the preceding night. Or maybe just include a sandwich in my lunch? Anyway, definitely didn’t happen. Snacks it was. On a positive note, I have perfected the art of pre-packing a week worth of lunches on Sunday night.
Let’s see if I can improve this week!
Monday: 3.27 miles; 30:00 (Avg. 9:10/mile, variable speeds 6.0-7.1)
Tuesday: 2 miles; 17:56 (Avg. 8:58/mile, variable speeds) <— Stopped due to screaming baby. How dare I let an arm come unswaddled.
Wednesday: 3.37 miles; 30:00 (Avg. 8:54/mile, variable speeds)
Saturday: 5 miles; 46:35 (Avg. 9:19/mile, with Chris, Kai, and B.O.B*)
Sunday: 3.5 miles; 31:56 (Avg. 9:08/mile, outside – hills)
Weekly Total: 17.14
Average Pace: 9:08
February Total: 41.64
YTD Total: 96.9
*We traded B.O.B back and forth throughout the run to split B.O.B time evenly. Chris gets the award this time for fastest mile with B.O.B; 9:05.