Things I never dreamed I would do

1. Let my baby crawl around on a bathroom floor. In all fairness, I was imagining a public restroom, but still. Many days that is the only was that I can take a shower without Kai screaming.20120215-020759.jpgIt is a clean floor, I promise.
  2. Put ‘dirty’ things like (clean…haha so far) diapers and human milk in my ‘nice’ purse. It turns out that I don’t like to carry a diaper bag everywhere I go; especially places to which I want to bring a nice purse.
  3. Microwave my coffee to reheat it. Ewww. My mom often did that and to this day I think it is so gross. Unfortunately, I find myself doing it more days than not. 20120215-053733.jpg
  4. Consider how much spit up is on my shirt before changing it. At some point I realized that my supply of shirts was too small, my pile of laundry was too large, and that my baby was going to spit up on my next shirt within an hour anyway. At that point, the how much spit up became critical. Ugh, totally a slob.
  1. Jena said:

LOL to all of the above. But Kai sure is cute!

I sometimes have to reheat my coffee – I also used to think this was disgusting. My old office manager would do this, and I could NEVER understand why she couldn’t just drink her coffee before it got cold.. I don’t know what I do that I can’t drink my coffee before it gets cold, but sometimes it happens. ick.

I (no sarcasm here) don’t understand why I can’t figure it out either!

I totally reheat my coffee too. Good thing there’s a microwave out in the break area in the barn. 🙂

Even though I can’t quite imagine some of these things yet, I bet you’re pretty normal among moms!

I would imagine that your coffee can get cold quickly in MN in the winter!

3. Jen said:

I’m really enjoying reading about your baby adventures. The hub and I are active people and have pets as well, and are planning on TTC in the spring, so we’re going to be in this same boat, soon enough!

4. Ha, funny how those things can change out of necessity. I actually liked microwaved coffee so I have that going for me.

I’m surprised how common the coffee reheating thing is. I’ve only ever seen two people do it.

5. jen said:

awww, I know what it’s like to try and shower with a baby glued to your side. I used to put K in a baby chair/rocker that would vibrate and play music while I showered. Kept him occupied for the 5-8 minutes I needed!

I’m the same way with purses, too! I bought a few pouches to put the extra diapers/wipes/toys/sippy cups/snacks into so that if something were to get messy, it would (hopefully) not get on my purse, and only on/in the pouch.

I’ve been using Ziploc freezer bags to contain any potential messes, but I like the idea of having a washable, reusable solution.

6. jillybean222 said:

I am reading this while drinking my rmicrowaved coffee! Sometimes I even find it in the micro cold again b/c I forgot that I was reheating it. And toast – I can never seem to remember I am toasting things – I start to smell it burning or I find it rock hard and cold a few hours later. Who knew, right?!?!?!

Kai is adorable!