Up and running

After dropping off of the face of the Earth for the past two weeks, I think that I am finally getting in my groove and getting my act together again. Between a new baby, a constant stream of visitors, and Christmas Break, none of the blog posts that I have started have actually been completed. I will work on finishing and publishing them soon, but in the meantime I want to gloat about my big accomplishment for this week.

20120109-202723.jpg

I completed my first post-pregnancy run.

It was much easier to run with Kai lounging in her Boppy than with her in my abdomen. Much easier. Wow.

That isn’t to say that it was all fun and games or that I do not have my work cut out for me. It was still my first real workout since I left India at the end of November and I have not done any real running in months, but I am delighted to be able to say that I accomplished what I set out to do today.

I set the bar low, hoping to eke out an easy two miles. I figured that achieving an easily attainable goal would feel more motivating to me than failing at a reach goal. Probably not a good attitude for the long run, but it did the trick today.

I will be back soon with the requisite baby pictures, gushing, and whatnot (and with luck another running win)! Hopefully I still have a reader or two after dropping off the map for a few weeks.

1. Jena said:

Still here! I was just thinking about you today, hoping you, Chris & Baby Kai are doing well!

Yay for still having at least one reader! I hope you had a great Christmas, I’m sure I will read about it when I tackle my Google Reader!

Bravo; good for you! Can’t wait to hear about your next victory (and see the requiste pictures & hear the gushing 🙂 )

3. Yay! Great job on the run…anything counts as awesome when you have so much going on! And I’ll definitely being waiting patiently for photos and stories.

I’ve taken to blog stalking first time runner moms in hoping that their stories can convince me that my world won’t come to an end if we have kids…

4. Dana said:

I’ve been thinking about you guys too! Thanks for the quickie update and congrats on completing your first post baby run 🙂 Can’t wait for pictures and stories!!!!

5. Kierstan said:

You’ve had a busy couple of weeks!! Congrats on the first run back, can’t wait for all the gushing! 🙂

6. Stephanie said:

Glad to see you posting again!! can’t wait to read more about your baby girl!

7. osulori said:

Congrats on the run, and yay for upcoming baby pictures/stories! I need all the stories I can get (good AND bad) since I’m starting to warm up to the idea of hosting a fetus of my very own later this year (after my sister gets married). Eep 😀