Frustration and disbelief

Frustration.

Yesterday afternoon began like many other weekend afternoons. Chris and I ate lunch, took post-workout/surf showers, watched some TV, read, and did some internet surfing. I was feeling somewhat frustrated by my running fail, and may or may not have been much fun to spend time with.

At some point Chris decided to go hang out on the roof of our building. There is an extra kitchen on the top floor of the building with adjoining indoor and outdoor dining areas where building residents can host parties and have the chef cook for their guests.

I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned our chef, but we have the option to have someone cook all of our meals for us and deliver them to our apartment. I haven’t ever used him because I am very particular about the thorough washing of my fruits and vegetables and about the ingredients in my food. This may explain why our kitchen is so poorly equipped. Perhaps we can explore this more in another post.

Anyway, getting back on point, I was cranky so Chris decided to go upstairs to escape my wrath. I may or may not have acted irritated about his avoidance of my less than charming attitude.

When he finally came back downstairs, he announced, “I have two things to tell you, but they are going to make you even more upset, especially considering why you are so grumpy in the first place.”

Naturally, I was curious and infuriated all at once.

“I’m not sure I want to tell you right now.”

After a few minutes of negotiations, he decided to spill the beans.

Disbelief.

Although we had (truthfully) been told that this building has no fitness facility, they failed to tell us that there is a treadmill in the communal dining room (that we have obviously never used) on the roof.

More frustration.

There is no power cord on the treadmill. So far I have not been able to locate anyone who can tell me if this treadmill belongs to someone, if I am allowed to use it, or where the power cord is.

I will get to the bottom of this as soon as possible. In the meantime, I will do my best to kick butt on the bike.

1. Kier said:

But does that treadmill come with its own personal trainer? I don’t see why you would ever want to use it if it didn’t!

You’re absolutely right. Clearly there is no point in even asking where the power cord is. 🙂

2. shelby said:

Maybe the trainer from the other gym can come over and supply the power cord as well as pushing all of the buttons for you. Hehe.

In all honesty though…W T F! Maybe it’s someone’s personal treadmill and they keep the cord with them to stop others from using it? Greedy bastards.

Have you looked in to buying a cheap used treadmill for your apartment? It seems like you guys would have the space for it, and you could resell it before you leave….

I’m also wondering if it belongs to someone. If I can find out who it belongs to, maybe I can finagle my way into using it. I’m hopeful.

Gah – how crazy. Good luck! Hope you are able to locate the cord or sweet-talk whoever the owner is into letting you use it.

4. Seriously!? I’d be just a little miffed!
    I mean, there is a communication barrier and then there is just plain horrible communication! Good luck figuring this one out – I’m hoping someone finally says “oh yeah, here is the cord, have at it..”!

I’m thinking that they could have failed to mention it because it belongs to someone or because everyone knows that girls don’t run.

5. Caryn said:

Communal dining room = communal treadmill. Get thee to google and buy a new cord for the treadmill stat!