Good news this week on two fronts:
- Chris and I are snowboarding at Vail this weekend with
onetwo of our very best friends. Awesomeness. (Rob – So stoked that you joined us at the last minute! Love that you are always game for a good time.)
- My foot/ankle problem has seen some dramatic improvement this week. I will do my best to give it one more week of being ok before I run on it again. No promises though. Not running is easier said than done. I’m chomping at the bit to get going again.
Chris works with a guy, Dave, who is our running guru. He has impressive credentials to back up his title, so I put a lot of stock in the advice that he is so kind to offer to me. Dave is convinced that my favorite running shoes, the ones that I buy in bulk and stockpile in my closet, are not doing me any favors.
That’s not so bad, is it?
Well, it is bad in part because of that whole shoe stockpile thing. [Sunk cost. Move on.] It is also bad because I don’t feel like going through the hassle of finding new favorite shoes. I may take his advice and head up to Indy for new shoes before I start running again.
Chris on a previous snowboarding trip on his way to (sadly, not from) Mammoth Brewing Company. He gets amped up about beer tasting, what can I say?
- Sunday: rest
- Monday: bike – 17 miles – average HR = 81% max HR
- Tuesday: bike – 15 miles – easy + New Rules Workout 4A4
- Wednesday: bike – 19 miles – 12 x 3 minute hard intervals w/90 second recovery – average HR during intervals = 84 % max HR
- Thursday: bike – 12 miles + New Rules Workout 4A4
- Friday: rest (Does painting count? I painted siding for 3 hours.)
- Saturday: Snowboard
Running Weekly Total: 0
Running April Total: 0
Running 2011 Total: 297.96
Miles on Shoes: 248.96
Miles on New Shoes: 18
Cycling Weekly Total: 63
Cycling April Total: 98
Cycling 2011 Total: 347.3