Since he got back from Africa, Chris has been looking for more balance in his life.
He got an Adidas MiCoach for Christmas and has used it to create his own marathon training program. Better yet he has even been
following doing bits and pieces of his marathon training plan. This is huge news!
As some of you may recall, last year Chris ran 104.8 miles during the first half of the year, 52.4 of which were in marathons. With all of this training that he is doing this year, I’m excited to see how he does at our race on April 30! I smell a PR for someone!
About that April 30 date. We aren’t sure which race we are running yet, but have decided that it will most likely be the Country Music Marathon in Nashville. The other race we are considering is the Illinois Marathon. Both are on April 30.
Sounds like we have a big decision to make. We will probably register for one or the other in the next few weeks.
Here’s a look at my workouts for the week:
- Sunday: 6 miles @ 9:04 – Recovery from Saturday’s long run.
- Monday: New Rules Workout 3A2 – This kicked my butt again. It has this body weight matrix at the end where you do all kinds of jumping squats and jumping lunges. I improved from last week, but still couldn’t finish it.
- Tuesday: 6 miles (1 mile w/u @ 9:22, 4 x 1 mile @ 7:30 w/2:00 standing rest, 1 mile c/d @ 9:00) – Surprisingly, I really enjoyed this workout. Good thing because next time it will be 5 x 1 mile. Ugh, that sounds like a lot.
- Wednesday: 20 miles trainer, first 10 “hilly”, second 10 easy
- Thursday: New Rules Workout 3B2 + 5 miles easy @ 9:11
- Friday: Rest
- Saturday: 14.23 @ 9:32, hills – Well, for Indiana anyway. Total elevation gain 1293 ft. This leads me to wonder, what constitutes a hilly run?
I tend to call the Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati a hilly marathon. It has a total elevation gain of ~1500 ft, but, having run in the Midwest for the past few years, I am not sure that I know what counts as hilly. Today’s run had far more aggressive hill than that.
Weekly Total: 31.23
February Total: 74.87
2011 Total: 168.87
Miles on Shoes: 137.87