This week was a running fail for sure. Between tired legs and a packed schedule, it just wasn’t happening. I typically get pretty frustrated about that, but I did my best to take it in stride. (No pun intended.)
When I finally got my act together again on Saturday to run, it went pretty well and I felt like I might have gotten my mojo back. Whew!
On Saturday, the temperatures warmed up a bit and the rain that started during my run continued through the evening melting away what was left of our snow from last weekend. I was sad to see it go, but happy to have replacement snow on the ground by Sunday afternoon.
Always thirsty, Duke takes every opportunity to eat the snow. Hopefully he avoids the yellow kind. I certainly wouldn’t eat snow from our yard, with two dogs, two cats, and who knows how many other creatures out there, I just wouldn’t take that chance.
There is that saying about not eating where you sh!t…I guess Duke hasn’t heard that one.
Remember that test packing discussion that we had last week? Well I gave it another go over the weekend.
This is so odd to me, I don’t think I’ve ever packed anything more than a day before travelling until this trip.
I am fairly confident that my bag will weigh in just below Continental’s stingy 50 lb. limit. ~49.5 lbs.
I like to live on the edge. I’ll probably toss an extra pair of socks in the bag at the last minute and end up going over weight.
On to this week’s runs…or the lack thereof…
- Sunday: 70 minute trainer ride
- Monday: 1.25 miles <– It just wasn’t happening today. I don’t know what my deal was.
- Tuesday: rest <– After Monday’s running fail I decided that maybe I needed a rest day.
- Wednesday: 2 miles <– Again, the run just wasn’t workingout
- Thursday: rest <– My legs feel absolutely exhausted no matter what I do. One more day off.
- Friday: rest <– Still super tired. I don’t know what my deal is.
- Saturday: 7.1 miles, hills @ 9:36 <– This run was a bit slower than I hoped for, but overall not bad. It was kind of a downer when it started raining on me at mile 6. Mid-30’s and raining is a bit chilly. People were driving by me looking at me like I was some kind of nutcase. It probably didn’t help that I was wearing sunglasses. I didn’t really have anywhere to put the sunglasses after it started raining, so I just kept wearing them.
Total Weekly Miles: 10.35 miles <– Need to see a little improvement here.
Total December Miles: 27.35 <– Believe it or not, this will not be my lowest mileage month. I ran 4 miles in September.
Total Yearly Miles: 1062.82
Miles on Current Shoes: 257.68