I am happy to report that I survived the onslaught of Halloween candy and managed to only eat 15% of the goods (but 45% of the Butterfingers). I’m not sure if that is particularly impressive considering that we had 30 full-size candy bars and I ate 4.5 of them in 36 hours. Wow, that sounds gross.
I love Butterfingers.
Thankfully, Chris brought the remaining 20 some-odd candy bars to work with him to
eliminate them spread Halloween cheer to his co-workers and gain popularity in his water cooler circle. Ok, we don’t really have water coolers at work, but Chris does have a cubicle right next to his local printer, so he gets pretty heavy traffic at his desk and never has a problem giving away candy or baked goods.
In addition to my Butterfinger binge this weekend, Chris and I also had Mexican Pizza. We had leftovers from fajitas, but not enough leftovers to have fajitas again, so…
- pizza crust
- Mexican pizza sauce
- 3 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 oz leftover steak from steak fajitas, diced
- 1/3 cup sauteed onions
- 1/3 cup sauteed bell peppers
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 1/2 small tomato, chopped and drained
- sour cream for dipping
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees with a pizza stone inside.
- Roll out pizza dough and sprinkle it lightly with cornmeal on both sides to prevent it from sticking to the pizza stone.
- Top the pizza first with Mexican pizza sauce, then with cheeses, steak, onions, peppers, black beans, and corn.
- Place the pizza in the oven on the pizza stone, the easiest way is to use a pizza peel, and bake until the crust begins to brown and the cheese is fully melted, usually 10-12 minutes.
- While the pizza is baking prepare any additional cold toppings such as avocado, tomato, and sour cream.
- Remove pizza from oven, top with any cold toppings, then enjoy!
Servings ~ 2-3
Calories ~ I’m not even going to attempt this one, it depends on your toppings and your pizza crust.