Last night I had big plans for a long-ish hilly run this morning. Fall has finally set in here and the temperatures are cool enough to run outdoors comfortably.
This morning my plans changed. Instead of heading out for a run, I ended up watching TV and eating corn chocolate.
Chris returned from Japan last night and naturally he decided to pick up some corn chocolate in Narita. Surrounded by duty-free stores with 700 Yen burning a hole in his pocket, how could he resist?
Corn chocolate is good, but if you have tasted many Asian candies, you know that the flavors are not necessarily what Americans expect from their confections. These candies are extremely rich and buttery. Think a hybrid of white chocolate and movie theater buttered popcorn.
I’m sure we will devour the whole box of corn chocolate fairly quickly because that’s our style, but I don’t think it is something I would ever crave specifically.
Update: I did end up running today after all. 4 miles @ 8:30
- Sunday: 6 miles (10:53, 10:40, 10:27, 10:09, 9:22, 8:28)
- Monday: 40 minute trainer ride
- Tuesday: 4 miles hills (10:09, 9:54, 9:38, 7:36) In the interest of full disclosure, about 2/3 of the last mile was back down the hills.
- Wednesday: 4 miles (8:58, 8:38, 8:22, 8:39)
- Thursday: rest
- Friday: 40 min trainer ride
- Saturday: 4 miles @ 8:30
Total Weekly Miles: 18
Total October Miles: 51.03
Total Yearly Miles: 953.31
Miles on Current Shoes: 148.17