When I decided to do a Caesar dressing post, I envisioned a beautiful Caesar salad with shaved Parmesan and perfectly browned home-made crutons. I did make some pretty nice looking crutons, but I failed miserably with the shaved Parmesan.
I forgot to buy “real” Parmesan at the grocery store, so I was relegated to dressing my salad with the bottled kind. It wasn’t the end of the world, but it certainly didn’t have the same effect in pictures as the shaved variety. As a means to compensate for my lack of shaved cheese, I decided to fry up some of the “fake” stuff into Frico Crisps.
Ingredients (per crisp):
- 1 tsp yogurt butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a skillet over a medium heat.
- Sprinkle Parmesan in the skillet and swirl the skillet around to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook Parmesan for 3 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Carefully flip the crisp and cook for not quite a minute.
- Place crisp on a paper towel on a flat surface to cool.
- When cooled, cut into desired shapes.
Servings ~ 1
Calories ~ 129, Fat ~ 9 g, Carbohydrates ~ 1 g, Protein ~ 10 g