I spent most of this week reading the book “New Rules of Lifting for Women“. It is a fairly popular workout plan that uses compound movements instead of muscle isolation for weight lifting activities. This is common for women’s exercise plans, just open up an issue of Women’s Health or Shape.
The unique feature of this program is that it encourages women to lift heavy weights. The author, Lou Schuler, encourages women to put down those “Barbie weights”. We don’t happen to own any Barbie weights, so this program sounds like a great place for me to get started.
Although the program is labeled “for Women”, it seems to be a pretty solid unisex program and lucky for me, Chris has agreed to do it with me! More on this next week.
- Sunday: 90 minute bike ride (Just tried to concentrate on keeping my heart rate and cadence up!)
- Monday: 55 minute bike ride – Jamie Morton’s Spinning Workout 28 – Endurance
- Tuesday: 45 minute bike ride – Jamie Morton’s Spinning 2 – Cadence
- Wednesday: full body weights
- Thursday: 55 minute bike ride – Jamie Morton’s Spinning Workout 27 – Sweatfest
- Friday: rest
- Saturday: rest
Total Weekly Miles: 0
Total September Miles: 0
Total Yearly Miles: 898.28
Miles on Current Shoes: 93.14