I was a bit skeptical when we began to whip these up.
Chris said “I want to make crêpes. If you make the crêpes, I’ll make a great filling.”
I agreed, so I got started making crêpes as I watched him put chunks of cheese into the mixer wondering where he was going with his concoction.
The result: A creamy, rich, decadent crêpe filling. The texture of the walnuts added just the right amount of crunch to the soft gouda filling. We will be having these again sometime!
- 8 oz. gouda
- splash of milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Chop cheese and place in mixing bowl.
- Add a splash of milk and begin to cream the milk and cheese together.
- Add milk as needed, not much will be required, and continue to cream the milk and cheese together until it has the consistency of whipped cream cheese.
- Cook crêpes according to instructions. This will make about 8 crêpes.
- Evenly distribute whipped gouda and walnuts among the crêpes.
- Lightly roll crêpes, then serve warm.
Servings ~ 4
Calories ~ 563, Fat ~ 39 g, Carbohydrates ~ 31 g, Protein ~ 26 g