I have been a bad blogger lately.
As I ramp up my running miles for marathon training, running and sleeping have taken precedence over cooking. This means that I have been eating a lot of CSA fruits and veggies raw. Fortunately Branny has come to the rescue again!
These quesadillas were quick and easy to make and tasted wonderful. As Chris and I joke “Gouda is good-a”. Hah. We’re not very funny.
More tasty gouda creations coming soon! We have abandoned our queso fresco and, in one cheesy buying spree, we have moved on to more indulgent cheese. There was no way that we could have stuck with the low-budget cheese forever.
Adapted from Branny Boils Over.
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced
- 1.5 large Vidalia onions
- 2 1/4 oz shredded gouda cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Thinly slice onions, then sauté over a medium heat in olive oil.
- Peal and thinly slice the peaches and shred cheese while the onions are cooking.
- Divide ingredients evenly among the tortillas, spreading them over one half of each tortilla.
- Cook quesadillas individually in a skillet lightly sprayed by olive oil. Place the first tortilla in the pan flat. After cooking for several minutes, fold the tortilla in half to cover the fillings. Cook for several more minutes, then flip it to cook the other side. Ideally both sides should be lightly golden brown.
- Cut into several sections and serve warm. I served mine with some guacamole.
Servings ~ 4
Calories ~ 198, Fat ~ 11 g, Carbohydrates ~ 19 g, Protein ~ 12 g