This was passed to me by Branny of Branny Boils Over. I guess it is more of you getting to know me than me getting to know you, but anyway if you’re curious, here goes!
1) What was on your To-Do list today:
- Go for a run – I had 6 miles on my schedule today. I kind of slogged through them, it was pretty pathetic. We had a thunderstorm last night and due to a terrified dog, I didn’t get enough sleep to feel particularly energetic on a 5 AM run. This is me ready for a run. Well, part of me anyway. I’m not sure what happened to my head.
- Go to work.
- Go back home to let a locked out Chris back into the house. This was kind of a fiasco. Chris’s car broke down on his way to work. He brought the car home only to find out that he had no house key. Naturally this was about the worst possible day for me to need to leave work and run home mid-day.
- If you are wondering why Chris’s car broke down, it may have to do with the abuse it takes. Forgive the grainy picture, I clipped it out of a YouTube video that Chris’s buddy made. (Thanks Rob if you are reading!) Yes, that is mud up to his doors and he has 35″ tires and a 6″ long arm kit. Wow, I sound like a hillbilly. I’m not, I can’t be, I’m from New Jersey. Although this is my neighbor’s yard that he’s “muddin'” in. Hmmm.
- Cut the grass if it is dry enough. Well, part of it anyway, we have a giant yard, so lawn mowing can be a week-long affair.
- Make baba ganoush. My CSA gave me an eggplant last week and I need to use it before tomorrow’s CSA pickup. Baba Ganoush post soon to follow!
- Hang out with Chris, Duke, and Tacia.
- Lead a late night conference call with some people in China.
- Sleep! Finally!
2) 5 Snacks you enjoy:
- Apples with peanut butter
- Veggies and hummus
- Cottage cheese and salsa
- Oatmeal – especially with almond milk
- Does a beer count?
3) 5 Places you have lived:
- My parent’s house in New Jersey
- Penn State @ Happy Valley
- Upstate New York – Twice!
- Southern Indiana at Duke’s House
4) What were you doing 5 years ago:
- Almost exactly 5 years ago I made a very scary decision to quit my job, move to Indiana, and go to grad school at Purdue. I’m happy to say that it worked out great! I left Purdue with Chris, my Master’s degree, and a bright future!
5) 5 things you would do if you were a Billionaire:
- Create an endowment to provide merit based college scholarships (I prefer for scholarships to our alma maters, but we are still discussing that part). Chris and I are both very passionate about education and I am very thankful that my parents helped me go to college. Not everyone is so lucky.
- Volunteer for/donate to Free Wheelchair Mission. We learned about this cause when we ran the Surf City USA Marathon last February. Free Wheelchair Mission provides durable wheelchairs, free of charge to people in developing countries who otherwise would not be able to have a wheelchair. I really believe in this cause because it empowers people and helps them regain mobility.
- Move somewhere where Chris could surf every day, probably the Central Coast of California.
- Climb Mt. Everest.
- Live on a sail boat for a few years.
In keeping with Branny’s theme, I will pass this on to a few bloggers who I like to follow: