This was my first ever attempt at making a frittata. I think it turned out very well, although I’m not sure if it counts since it was entirely baked. I was hoping to do it the “normal” way, but was disappointed to find out that we do not own a single frying pan that is oven safe!
Before last night, I did not have any idea why Chris was so interested in getting a set of fancy, expensive, pots and pans. Now I understand and I am totally onboard with it. Too bad I didn’t figure it out before we got married.
Fortunately my all-bake fritatta worked out. If you have a convection oven, I recommend baking the fritatta in convection mode since the bottom is not pre-cooked as it would be with the traditional stovetop to oven method.
Adapted from Branny Boils Over.
- 3 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1 clove elephant garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp milk
- olive oil spray
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees (on convection if possible).
- Chop veggies.
- Saute onions and peppers for about 10 minutes until browned.
- Add garlic, zucchini, and mushrooms and cook 10 more minutes.
- Add thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Beat together eggs, egg whites, milk, and cheese.
- Spray a pie plate with olive oil spray.
- Pour vegetables into pie plate.
- Pour egg mixture over the veggies.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until eggs are fluffy.
Servings ~ 6
Calories ~ 173, Fat ~ 9 g, Carbohydrates ~ 10 g, Protein ~ 16 g