After making a huge bowl of peach salsa, Chris and I needed to get busy eating peach salsa like nobody’s business.
Putting the peach salsa on tacos over shrimp seemed like a no-brainer.
Not only was this a super tasty meal, it was pretty healthy, and even quick and easy to make. This one is likely to go into our regular rotation!
Incidentally, the leftover peach salsa is also really good as a topping for cottage cheese. Does anyone else regularly eat salsas on cottage cheese?
Chris and I were debating the salsa on cottage cheese thing over lunch today as we each scarfed some down. We both did it before we met, but I am convinced it is out of the norm. He is convinced that it is commonplace. What do you think?
- 1/2 lb. salad shrimp w/o tail
- cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper to taste
- 1/4 head of cabbage, finely shredded
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 cups (about 4 servings) peach salsa
- olive oil spray
- Pre-heat oven to broil.
- Cook shrimp, I defrosted pre-cooked frozen shrimp by steaming them.
- Spray tortillas with olive oil spray and sprinkle with salt and place them in the oven. Heat tortillas in oven until they are pliable.
- Shred cabbage and set aside.
- Drain shrimp, then season to taste with cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Assemble tacos with cabbage, shrimp, then salsa on top.
- Other tasty toppings might include sour cream, hot sauce, or guacamole.
Servings ~ 2
Calories ~ 350, Fat ~ 5 g, Carbohydrates ~ 51 g, Protein ~ 29 g