So I think I’m getting my running mojo back. I didn’t have any spectacular runs this week, but I did at least look forward to running. In fact, I had a lot of trouble forcing myself to take a day off on Friday. I genuinely wanted to wake up at 5:15 to run. That last part sounded crazy, but it’s true.
Sadly, it may be time for new shoes again. My toes are starting to get gnarly blisters in the same places as they did last time I needed new shoes. I was hoping to stick it out until they hit 500 miles, but it doesn’t look like that is going to happen. It would be pretty miserable to suffer through blisters until the end of August.
I have been running in Mizuno Wave Creation 11’s, which cost a small fortune. I’m hoping that my favorite little running store will have some cheaper options in my size. They had about four options for me last time, but two of them had really forward arches that didn’t line up with mine and one of them I had already tried out and returned after early signs of PF began to nag me. Needless to say, I ended up buying the Wave Creations for the second time. Probably soon to be a third time.
- Sunday: 7.1 mile run – hills
- Monday: 1:20 mountain bike ride
- Tuesday: 7 mile progression run (11:27, 10:37, 10:15, 9:55, 9:36, 9:16, 8:46)
- Wednesday: 5 miles (10:17, 9:32, 9:28, 9:05, 8:50), pushups, core
- Thursday: 8 miles easy (10:30, 9:45, 9:38, 9:40, 9:28, 9:24, 9:21, 9:18)
- Friday: rest
- Saturday: 3.2 miles <– This was a running fail. I was supposed to wake up early and run 8 miles with a local running group. Instead, I woke up an hour later and it was far too hot for me to run by then. **Sigh.**
Total Weekly Miles: 30.3
Total July Miles: 33.3
Total Yearly Miles: 734.8
Miles on Current Shoes: 345.41