We made this sauce last night as a dipping sauce for our Shrimp and Mango Egg Rolls. It is very spicy, but in a good way. In order to moderate the heat, you could omit (or reduce) the 1 tbsp of Asian hot sauce without losing the essence of the sauce or consider turning this into a cream sauce if it is still too spicy.
Tonight the Spicy Mango Sauce was reinvented as a marinade for chicken. It would have made an excellent wing sauce, but we were cooking chicken breasts tonight, not wings. It vaguely reminds me of the mango habanero sauce from a popular chain of chicken wing outlets.
Adapted from LovesToEat.
- 1 mango, peeled, pit removed
- 1 tbsp Asian hot sauce, we used Sriracha
- 2 tbsp sweet Thai chili sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Splenda or an alternate sweetener to taste
- Peel the mango, and cut away from the pit, place the fruit in a food processor.
- Add in the hot sauce, chili sauce, honey, sea salt and pepper.
- Process until smooth.
- Serve chilled.
Servings ~ 8
Calories ~ 43, Fat ~ 0 g, Carbohydrate ~ 11 g, Protein ~ 0 g