Yesterday morning I learned about grilled peaches. Can you say perfect timing? There was a whole bag of peaches in our CSA box this week.
I had grilled peaches on my mind all day, I could just tell that they were going to be great!
Then I got home and realized that I had already eaten all but two of the peaches. I guess there weren’t as many peaches in the bag as I thought.
No problem, we had apples also and the cinnamon and brown sugar topping for the peaches reminded me of the flavors of apple pie and baked apples. Mmmm!
I quickly decided that we would have grilled apples as well. It turns out that grilled peaches are awesome, but grilled apples blow them out of the water!
As Chris put it “These are even good enough to serve to other people!”
Thanks. I think?
- 2 apples (I used Fuji.)
- 2 peaches
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- a few scoops of ice cream or your favorite whipped topping
- Slice apples and peaches into large enough slices to not fall through your grill grate.
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar, set aside.
- Turn on your grill and set it to a medium heat. (Ours was just below 400 for the majority of the cooking time.)
- Place apple and peach slices skin side down and grill for several minutes with the grill lid closed.
- Flip the fruit and grill skin side up for several more minutes, grill lid closed. (Note: If you are good with chopsticks, they seem to be the best tool for cooking this meal.)
- Once again, flip the fruit so it is skin side down. Sprinkle the top with the cinnamon and brown sugar mixture and cook for several more minutes with the grill lid closed.
- Turn off the grill, then flip the topping side down and let sit, lid closed, until the cinnamon and brown sugar caramelized.
- Serve warm with a few scoops of ice cream and/or your favorite whipped topping. We went with just fruit and whipped cream.
Servings ~ 2
Calories per apple (not including ice cream or whipped topping) ~ 116, Fat ~ 0.5 g, Carbohydrates ~ 34 g, Protein < 1 g
Calories per peach (not including ice cream or whipped topping) ~ 61, Fat < 1 g, Carbohydrates ~ 17 g, Protein 1 g