Last week we were on vacation. I sure wish that we still were!
Remember the refrigerator clean-out posts from a few weeks back? Well, it has remained cleaned out.
Although we have been home for a few days, we have not been grocery shopping in 19 days.
19 days! That is a long time.
Surprisingly, we still have a few decent meals left in our refrigerator! This was good the first night and the leftovers were even better!
Adapted from: Kate in the Kitchen
- 112 g whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 cup canned mushrooms
- 2 chicken sausage links
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the package.
- After the pasta has been added to the boiling water, combine olive oil, wine, lemon juice, and garlic in a large skillet.
- If your broccoli and sausage are frozen like mine were (the sausage was pre-cooked), add them both first and cook for several minutes until they start to become tender. You are going to have to use some common sense here about which ingredients need to go into the pan first!
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking.
- Drain pasta and toss in the skillet with the remaining ingredients.
Servings ~ 2
Calories ~ 488, Fat ~ 12 g, Carbohydrates ~ 70 g, Protein 47 g