In an effort to use all of our fruits and vegetables before they go bad, we often have to use veggies that are common between several meal in a week. This is often challenging when it comes to fish taco fixings.
Or is it?
Cabbage and pico de gallo mixed into ground turkey. Can it be?
Chris said no. “This burger will fall apart. It can not be grilled.”
I briefly considered cooking it in the grill pan, but I have shunned our grill pan since the first time I used it. The grill pan is basically a slow cooking George Foreman grill. Gross.
Chris agreed to grill the self destructing burger but made no promises. His masterful grilling skills paid off. This was the best turkey burger I have ever eaten.
- 1 lb. extra lean ground turkey
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 onion
- mayonnaise, mustard, or the burger topping of your choice
- Combine ground turkey, cabbage, and pico de gallo.
- Divide mixture into four equal parts and form four burger patties.
- Grill until cooked through.
- Serve with thinly sliced avocado, onion, and mayonnaise (for me) or mustard (for Chris).