This weekend I did my first two outdoor runs in a long time. I tend to run better outside than I do inside, but I’m such a baby about running in the heat that I was relegated to my treadmill until we went out to visit Chris’s family and found some cooler weather.
Although he had sworn off running with me, Chris agreed to do my long run with me today as long as I let him set the pace. He gave me a run for my money. Apparently I have been dogging my long runs lately, because I was able to run much faster today than I have been lately. We ran 10 miles @ 8:47. My typical long run pace lately has been in the mid-9:20′s. Yeah, so I need to get my butt in gear.
I also need to find a 10 mile race to run soon. Today we bettered my 10 mile PR by 30 seconds. In January I ran the Louisville Hangover Classic 10-Miler in 1:28:20, this morning we ran 10 miles of the South Bay Bike Path in 1:27:50. I think it helps that I really like this run. I especially like running on The Strand because there is plenty to look at to distract me.
In other news, I am convinced that I broke my foot when I bent over to tie my shoe at the end of our run. My big toe went “pop” and it hurts like crazy. I was able to run on the outside of my foot for the last bit, but putting any pressure on my big toe leaves me in excruciating pain. ::Sad face.::
- Sunday: mountain biking (1:00)
- Monday: 6 miles (9:26, 9:26, 9:27, 9:27, 9:26, 9:27)
- Tuesday: rest
- Wednesday: 8 miles (9:34, 9:21, 9:22, 9:23, 9:24, 9:00 (that was a fast one!), 9:18, 9:27)
- Thursday: 6 miles (9:38, 9:36, 9:34, 9:33, 9:31, 9:28)
- Friday: 4.14 miles (10:18, 9:38, 8:38, 8:25, last 0.14 @ 8:33) This was my first outdoor run in a long time. Nice even splits, huh?
- Saturday: 10 miles (9:14, 8:34, 8:43, 8:52, 9:04, 9:05, 8:52, 8:46, 8:25, 8:12) – Thank you Chris!
Total Weekly Miles: 34.14
Total August Miles: 73.14
Total Yearly Miles: 898.28
Miles on Current Shoes: 93.14